The Grisham-McLean Institute has developed a toolkit of downloadable resources for faculty who are interested in incorporating service-learning approaches into their teaching. To schedule a service-learning consultation with Grisham-McLean staff, please contact Laura Martin.
You are welcome to download these resources to facilitate your service-learning endeavors:
- Sample Service-Learning Syllabi: Examples of syllabi from UM faculty that include service-learning policies and requirements.
- Student Service-Learning Guidelines and Release: Frames expectations for serving in the community and includes a liability release.
- Service-Learning Agreement: Asks students to identify learning objectives and provides students and community partners the opportunity to agree on responsibilities.
- Reflection Prompts: Questions following the WHAT? SO WHAT? NOW WHAT? framework to guide reflection on the intersection between classroom learning and service experiences.
- Time Log: Document to record service hours and activities.
- Community Partner Evaluation: Survey seeking community partner input on student performance at service-learning site.
- Student Evaluation: Survey seeking student input on service-learning experience.